Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Watercolor Cards

A quick post to tonight so that I can get my Mother's Day cards to my daughter and mother-in-law up. I used a technique I found on Laura Fadora's blog.  The video of how to do it is here.... http://laurafadora.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/virginias-view-challenge-2/

I found some mini stencils I had from Hampton Arts in the Ditto line.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks frayed burlap, worn lipstick, and spiced marmalade.  The die is Spellbinders Garden Weave.  On the daughter card, I sponged through the die cut for the background.  On the orange and pink card, I used a Hero Arts stamp for the background.  I used the mini blending tool to color the dies.

Without further ado....

Close up
...the die is raised on foam tape.


I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp spring flower challenge here http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/


Close up

I wish all mothers, grandmothers. god mothers. Foster mothers, and mentors a very Happy Mother's Day!
Blessings,
lynda





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, beautiful card, love all the watercoloured details.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!