Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Embossing Folder Stamping

There is a tutorial on SplitCoastStampers on embossing folder stamping.  I'm always looking for multiple ways to use my stamping supplies.  Using out embossing plates as stamps sounded intriguing, so I thought I'd try it.  I made a few of the backgrounds wih the geometric shaped folders, and those were very artsy...love the look.  Here is he tutorial if you would like to try it

For my card today, I decided to try one of my beautiful Anna Griffin floral background folders.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks in spun sugar, picked raspberry, shabby shutters, and peeled paint.  Here's my card....

I sponged around the panel before mounting it to my card to soften the look.
The flower was made with watercolor paper and a flower die with distress ink.  I will post directions for the flower on a future post.
I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge 

I have been doing lots of zentangles these past couple of weeks.  Seems I've had a lot of stress and they really help me channel the tension and stress in a creative and very relaxing way.  I decided to take a break from the zentangles tonight and make a couple of cards.  I will post the other one when the person I am sending it to receives it.

Blessings,
lynda


1 comment:

  1. hi Lynda! this is gorgeous, I so luv the mix of colors...fabulous! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!