Monday, March 23, 2015

Day 20 Color Challenge Card

It's Day 20 of The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge .  I decided to break away from the watercolor for a bit.  When I was rearranging and reorganizing my craft room over the weekend, I realized how many stamping supplies I have not used in, well, let's just say it's been a while.  I always use the same mediums (usually watercolor and distress inks, and watercolor pencils).  I decided to challenge myself to use some of my other supplies.
Today I used my ColorBox chalk ink pads.  I'd forgotten how much fun these are to use, and the many techniques they lend themselves to.  For this card, I inked the stamp with yellows, oranges, and pinks and stamped onto a white panel.  I added glitter to the petals of the tulips.  I used the Lawn Fawn thanks die.  To give it dimension, I cut five of them and glued them together.  To give it some sparkle, I added glitter.  I adhered it to the card with glue dots.  
 
The stamp is an old JudiKins stamp I have.  I love these stamps that have a solid background with the design etched out.  

A special thank you for a special friend. 


Blessings,

     lynda

3 comments:

  1. Lynda, your card is really good, so professional and finished. It looks store bought but better. How DID you get THANKS to line up so well with 5 stacked layers? I struggle trying to stack 3 layers sentiments. It's so hard to get them lined up exactly straight on. The display of your card looks nice too. I never thought of using a plate holder. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, this is such a beautiful soft card. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!