Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spunky, Sassy Girl Stamps

I was going through some boxes of images I had stamped up...some go back a few years!  I am challenging myself to use them up.  I have been having fun pulling them out and coloring them, playing with different mediums.  
I don't know who makes this stamp, but there are three or four of these sassy girls.  I love this one.....
 In case you can't read the shopping bag, it says "put on your big girl panties and deal with it!"  Oh, how I'd love to have said that to certain people at times! 

This is for The Color Throwdown Challenge #335 .  The colors are muted red, light green, and light yellow.  The colors are generic, and you can use any hues and add neutrals if you wish.

Also, for the 30 Day Color Challenge at The Daily Marker blog.  We are on day 26!  Four to go!  If you want to see my other 25 entries so far, just scroll down through the blog.

The image had been embossed in black sparkle embossing powder.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks, rubbed them on a palette, and used them as watercolor,  applying them with a brush. I decided to get more of the colors on the image by striping the dress.  She is tall and skinny enough to pull off sideways stripes!  I used the smoosh technique for the background, using these same colors (a link to the technique is in my Everything Beautiful Card post on March 25th).

I am not a fan of using sequins on cards, but this one just screamed for them!  They add just the right punch, don't you think?

That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  

Blessings,

lynda


2 comments:

  1. Fun image and sentiment!! Love your watercoloring!! This for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an artistic card. Love this :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!