Monday, June 8, 2015

Nature Colors Card

Today's 30 Day Coloring Challenge Card for The Daily Marker started out with the smoosh technique background.  Then I picked a Magenta stamp and watercolored the flowers with distress inks in the same colors I used for the background.  I am entering this card in the Defi/Challenge Magenta challenge, where the theme is Summertime.  Nothing speaks summer more than brightly colored flowers in bloom!  The quote is one from my stash, on acetate, which I attached to some of the background paper I made.
I'm keeping dry on this soggy day, making cards and playing in my art journal.  I have a busy week, so am trying to get a few cards made ahead.

I will post another card this evening...trying to catch up to the Color Challenge.  See you later!
Blessings,
     lynda

5 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card, love your flowers and the splash of colour behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of vibrant pretty summer colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Magenta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice composition and bright colors, thanks for taking part of the Magenta challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real summer card, love it. Thanks for joining the Magenta challenge
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!